Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, June 24, 2011

Digital Scrapbooking and Photography

A while ago Neil and I started talking about what we are going to do with all of our pictures. Mostly we take a bunch of photos, load them on the computer and forget about them - going back occasionally to look at them and reminisce. That's when the debate started: print out all the good ones and put them in books, or do some digital "scrapbooking" and then print them out and put them in books. The former is probably cheaper, but the later is probably faster... as well as safer (if something happens to the pages I'll always have a backup). I am NOT a scrapbooker, so either way I'm not planning on being all cutesy or anything, but I do want them to look good.

I pretty much decided that I want to do something with our pics digitally, so now the question is software. I love Photoshop. No doubt about it, but I only have it on our pc, and we load all of our pics on our mac. :( bummer. (I think it would be too much work to go back and forth all the time.) BUT then today I needed to make up a blessing announcement for Mabel and remembered this software that I bought a long time ago. It's by My Memories. Well, after playing with it all day today, I actually really really like it! It comes with a huge library of backgrounds, embellishments, etc, it's all very well organized and easy to use. There are also endless downloads online that can be added to it and used with it. So over all, it's great! :)

Mabel Blessing Announcement-001
here's what I put together

Guess what?!?! Today I also received an email with a code to give YOU a discount on it! $10 off! Just use this codeSTMMMS96392   and save. (clicking on the link doesn't give you the discount. You'll still need to enter the code).   Anyway, if your looking for something, check it out! It's pretty good. And I'll be honest, I didn't think it was too hot at first, but after playing around with it a lot more today, and learning more about it, I do like it now. :)

The other thing that is so great about this: it gave me an excuse to have a little photo shoot with Mabel! Isn't she adorable!! :)

DSC_0209 copy

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.