I'm using this fabric
for the quilt pattern behind this cute little baby.
I don't have a pattern for it, but I've made one up. I think it will turn out really nice. After I'm all done, and fix all my mistakes, I think I might write up an official pattern for it. :) Yup, I've already messed up. Twice. Well, three times, but the third was a quick fix. Mostly I didn't cut my strips wide enough. I was planning on first making this quilt using a jelly roll, but when I went to fat quarters instead, I didn't adjust the width of the strips. Plus, I didn't account for the seam allowance on the sides when sewing the triangles together. Oops. So, my first adjustment was sewing 5 strips in a block instead of just 4, and now I'll just have to add two extra strips to each row, but I think it will be fine (crossing my fingers). ;)
First step: iron and cut out ALL the fabric. I hate cutting fabric, and I hate ironing. Getting it ALL out of the way at once makes the rest of the process much smoother (enjoyable). :) Of course there is still a lot of ironing throughout, it's not so bad I guess.
(Pictures are not good. I took them at night with my phone camera. ug.) ;)
Then the fun part... figuring what fabrics I want to sew together. I cut a lot of strips and matched them with similar colors or patterns. Turns out I think there is only like 1 or 2 strips that I may wish I had put somewhere else.
Then after sewing it all... CUT it! Scary. I did cut one piece the wrong way, and had to resew it, but it wasn't too much work. Then comes figuring out how to match the triangles together. FUN again! I love colors.
I think I figured out how I want to match them, now back to the sewing machine. :) I am happily impressed with how fast this thing is coming together! Seriously! :) I can't wait to see it finished. It's definitely a lot more pastel than the picture, but I think it will be cute. :)