- How do you decide which fabrics to keep and which to add to your "Destash" pile?
- What are your musts for your stash fabrics? I'm talking about prints, colors, designs that you keep "just in case you need it for something" fabrics. Do you keep them/buy them even if you don't *love* them - but because they could be good filler fabrics?
- What is your stash made up of? random prints, collections/bundles, what?
don't worry, I have more questions. I'm getting ready to destash my stash and I need some help! I definitely have fabrics I LOVE! Should those be the only ones I keep? I also have a few collection bundles. Do I keep those all together, or take out the few that I don't necessarily love? Is it against the law to break up a collection? lol.
now to the next set of questions:
- are there guidelines to selling destash fabrics? What would you be willing to buy and NOT buy?
- how do you price your destash fabrics? do you determine it on the quantity more (all 1/2 yards are the same price despite the print?), or more off the design? would you pay less for destash fabrics?
- what's your opinion on washed fabrics? I know some people don't prewash. I used to prewash my fabrics the moment I brought them through the door. Now not necessarily. But most of my destash is going to be prewashed. Does that change anything for the value or desirability?
- Bundle like colors? or sell everything separate? or only bundle fabrics that are in the same line?
ok, I really have no idea what I'm doing. But I want to get rid of a lot. Kind of embarrassed by some of it. lol. I bought a lot of my stash a few years ago when I really started sewing, and before I knew the who's who of fabric. Some of it was sale fabrics... come to find out I had good taste. :) Sometimes I look through my stash and find a AMH, or some Joel Dewberry. It makes me feel cool that I actually have some of those desirable fabrics in my stash! lol.
Does any of this really even matter?
Thanks for your help!!!!
p.s. on another note, can everyone please stop blogging for a few days???!!! I basically only read my google reader on my phone, but it's a bit kaput. I got a new one, but it's still having the same problem.... anyway, don't be mad that I don't comment on your blogs lately ok?! Hopefully I'll get it fixed soon and be able to catch up! And so if you all of a sudden get comments on 10 posts at a time, just know that I got my phone fixed. lol. :)