Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A New Swap??? the RATZ Swap

Check this out, straight from the group's main page:


"About Rapid and Tiny Zakka swap, the RATZ Swap
A group committed to Rapid and Tiny Swaps of a Zakka nature.
We will be hosting a number of swaps with a quick turnaround. The swaps will all be for small items, ie. inchies, key fobs, needlebooks, scissor holders, etc.

"Zakka (from the Japanese 'zak-ka'(雑貨)or 'many things') is a fashion and design phenomenon that has spread from Japan throughout Asia. The term refers to everything and anything that improves your home, life and appearance. It is often based on household items from the West that are regarded as kitsch in their countries of origin, but it can also be Japanese goods, mainly from the fifties, sixties, and seventies. In Japan there are also so-called Asian zakka stores; that usually refers to Southeast Asia. The interest in Nordic design or Scandinavian design, both contemporary and past, is also part of this zakka movement. Zakka can also be contemporary handicraft.

"Zakka has also been described as "the art of seeing the savvy in the ordinary and mundane". The zakka boom could be recognized as merely another in a series of consumer fads, but it also touches issues of self-expression and spirituality. "Cute, corny and kitschy is not enough. To qualify as a zakka, a product must be attractive, sensitive, and laden with subtext.""



How is that for a swap??? I guess it's mainly for a little something for in between the DQS rounds. I'm not admitting to anything, but if you want to check it out some more, you can get there by clicking on this link: Rapid and Tiny Zakka swap, the RATZ Swap.


p.s. You all are AWESOME!!! Can you believe that 38 of you have offered to test patterns for me???!! I thought maybe I'd get 3 or 4. You guys ROCK! I better get moving so I can take advantage of your generosity! Though I really don't know if I'll actually be able to use all of you. So if I don't contact you, just know that I am so forever grateful for your willingness! Thanks!!! :D


and... if you're waiting for part 3 of the Paper Piecing Series, I decided to make a little video. I was about 3/4 the way finished with it and the wee ones came home crying and upset and hungry, so the last segment still needs to be made. Plus some editing. I'm hoping to finish it up tonight, but it might have to wait until tomorrow. So just know it's coming! I'll throw in another laffy taffy joke to make it worth the wait! ;) lol.


Diane

3 comments:

  1. Are you signing up ?

    You will pick me to test your pattern right ?
    You could always send me the list so I can ask them to test my pattern :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This swap sounds like fun. Heading over to find out more info.
    How great 38 people =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. diane you are the sweetest thing for blogging our swap!
    thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.