This is probably the quickest, and biggest, quilt I've done. The fabric squares were already cut to 10"x10". I cut 2.5" strips to go between them all (Also fabric I had in my stash). Since this picture I've added white strips to the top and sides (already had the strip on the bottom). All in all it's HUGE! Perfect for a picnic blanket!
It's a little Autumn-y, but that's ok. I think it will be fun to have outside.
Hunter really wanted me to take a picture of his ball. :)
Then he started throwing it up in the air while I was trying to take the picture... it turned into some craziness.
Then he rolled himself up in it like a burrito. I guess that's a good sign that it's already a hit with him! :)
For the back I needed 4 yrds of fabric, I debated using different solids that match the front and making a hodge podge of a back, but instead decided to just go the quick way and found some Amy Butler orange in my closet, of which I have the PERFECT amount. It's previous project ended up not happening, and since I had no other use for it, even though it doesn't match perfectly, it will do fine on the grass. :)
Now all I have left is to layer it and quilt it! Wish me luck! This thing is so big, and it will be interesting to see how it works to quilt it on my little machine.
p.s. I Really LOVE being able to make things that I don't need to buy more supplies for! (ok, except the batting), but otherwise it feels so good to use up what I already have on hand!
And trust me, I have plenty of that! ;)