Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, October 10, 2011

Running on Empty

Our car has been on empty for the last little while, and on our last errand run I debated stopping to fill it up, or at least add a little extra just in case. But the ice cream in the trunk made me decide otherwise. Saturday I jumped in the car to run to the post office and it started fine, but died before I even made it a foot from the curb. I didn't want to chance it, though I keep wondering where the fuel light is supposed to be???

Anyways, that's not exactly where I was going with this, but it fits too. :) I also feel like I've been running on empty lately. Ok, more like since baby number 3 came along, well, more like a month or so before that. It's been one long, dragging thing to another I feel like. I have good spurts, but then I'm right back to wanting to sleep the day away. :)

I did get some results back today of some blood work they did last week. My thyroid is a little low. Well, one aspect of it, and I can't remember what they called it. My vitamin D level is also a little low, though still in the normal range, just the low normal. They want me back in 3 weeks to check them again. I also told the nurse today that I forgot to tell the dr last week that I am constantly dizzy and light headed. She said it's probably my blood sugar and that I needed to eat every 2 hours. Does that mean I have diabetes? I'm not sure I know what the difference is. :) (crazy day last week: we were on our way home from the dr office and I thought I was going to pass out in the car! I stopped and parked in the walgreens parking lot for like 5 min before I dared to drive home! What is wrong with me?!!!) I've also just been a bear lately. Yup. I'm letting it out. I am not a nice person. :) ok, I'm sure I still am, but sometimes I feel far from it. I blame it on the fact that I feel so crappy and am so tied all the time.

And I'm not the only one. Hunter had his yearly croup last week, Jackson's got a cough. And today Hunter did not look well at all! He had the biggest circles around his eyes and they look kind of sunken. I'm sure he's so tired too. He seems to never get enough sleep.

If I'm going to start talking about sleep, I have to mention that I'm having tornado dreams again! Maybe the fifth one this year, a few weeks ago I dreamt a storm was coming and we sought cover in this huge building out in the middle of the desert. And get this, the storm was of giant rolling donuts, with chocolate frosting and colorful sprinkles, that were at least 3 stories high. It was so weird and so stressful!
Then last night I dreamt that Neil and I were at a park at night with a lot of other people, and we were attacked by a mob of vampires. We all ran to this store and were getting trained on what to do if a vampire attacks you. Except Neil never showed up and I was so afraid that he turned into a vampire!

REALLY?! Can I just please get some rest at least in my sleep?! Lol. Welcome to the story of my life. I always have weird dreams, and it seems to be more and more common that something is wrong with me... Though the hubby never believes me. ;) I'm sure it doesn't help that I can also be a hypochondriac sometimes. :)

Ok, that is the end of my rambling pitty party. :)

1 comment:

  1. Diane, did you read my blog when I went through my low blood sugar crisis? I have moderate/severe functional hypoglycemia. I DO have to eat about every 2-3 hours. It does NOT mean you are diabetic. If you have any questions you can ask me.

    I think lots of people have a penchant for getting low blood sugar after having a baby and while nursing. It doesn't mean you are hypoglycemic like me (I think that's more rare), but your body just can't keep up so you have to eat more.

    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well - I hope things start to look up soon. I know from experience how hard it is to take care of 3 children and feel terrible

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.