Well, this last week hasn't been super productive, but it's been good. Here's the run down...
I quilted two more squares on the picnic blanket. It's fun finding different designs to try, and I do feel like my stitch length is getting more consistent. But I am having one problem, and I don't know if it's me or if it's my machine (if it is I need to figure it out so I can return it if I need to. I think I still have some test time left). Anyway, the top looks good, but then when I turn it over, the tension on the back is very inconsistent. Some places it's great, or really tight, and some places it's really loose, even to the point of leaving loops of top thread here and there. Here are some example pictures.
Does anyone know about this? Or have had any experience with this? It seems to not be as bad in the last few squares, but it is still there.
Otherwise, here are my latest two designs. Fun. :)
The pebble design is my favorite so far!
I also skipped ahead and started another project: Temple plaques (I'm almost done - this is a super quick project). We currently have one picture hanging up in our room that has the temple, though you can't really tell - unless you already know.
I LOVE this picture. So fun! :)
But otherwise, I've been wanting to get some pictures hung up for a while now, but just haven't. Sunday I found this site (http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/photographs/) online with hundreds of pictures of different temples. I picked one to hang downstairs, Neil picked one for our room, and we let the boys pick their own pictures. I'll post more on this when they're finished. :)
I did get the center strips made for Mabel's Quilt, but that's about it on that. It seems so busy, so I'm trying to decide if I want to do the sashing which will be a small border inside the larger border white instead of using the Nicey Jane fabric. It might help calm it down a little, but it will definitely make it look a lot different. Uh... decisions. ;) Maybe I'll sew the main border together and get the outside border sewn and then I can have a better picture of what it will look like. I don't know how ya'll do it! (make such amazing quilts with the perfect fabrics). :)
this is before I sewed the strips. I need to iron them and then sew them in. If I do the white sashing I won't sew on the two on the ends. We'll see how it turns out...
Most of my Kona's arrived for the Bottled Rainbow Quilt and I got them washed. I also organized ALL of my scraps. Wow. That was a job, but now I'm ready to find what pieces I can put in the centers of my squares. :) Fun! I'm so excited! I love color, and I think this will be so much fun!
I did start and finish a bag to keep the train set in. I didn't plan it out very well when I started it, but it turned out alright. I think I changed it three times while I was making it, but it still works fine. Hunter picked out the fabric.
I made big button holes to string the rope through, and Hunter seems to be able to open it easy enough. I made a smaller bag and strung it to the front to keep the little accessories in that they don't usually use, and I hate having all over the place. :)
It is nice to have some smaller projects going on at the same time as some of my bigger projects... helps me feel like I do accomplish something at least. :)
lots of things. ;)
This week's stats:
New projects - 2 (Train bag, Temple plaques)
Completed projects - 1 (Train bag)
Currently in progress - 4 (up one since last week)