Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday #4

This week has been a good week, at least it felt like a productive week. I'm not sure why, I only finished one project, but I guess it was kind of big. ;) I don't have any new projects, which is a good thing. Well, ok, I really do.


New Projects:
I have a big scrapbook paper stash and the other day I was trying to think what I can do with some of it to whittle it down. I came up with a cute idea for girls camp this summer. I'm going to make little matchbook notebooks for the girls, which they can keep by their beds and they can write "secret" notes to each other during the week. I think it would be fun, and I would sure love it! :) So their's my new project. And yes, as my sister commented, I probably really do have crafters ADD. haha. :) That's alright. :)


I was looking around etsy for ideas and found some really cute ones:

Enchanted Quilling came up with these purple ones:


Gloria Castaneda made these cute green ones:


And I absolutely love these ones using paint sample cards by Campfire Designs:






Ongoing Projects:
The only project I worked on this week was my surprise project, which I finished. So all of my in progress projects are still in progress. 


I have started thinking about the picnic blanket again though! I have decided/realized that I don't have to fill up the squares completely with designs, I can space them out, do them a lot bigger, etc. I'm getting some good ideas looking at what everyone else is doing, and I think it will help make it go a LOT faster! Yippy! :)




Finished projects:
I did make up and finish a tutorial for the pincushion I made last week. You can find it here.


I also finished up my surprise project: A pillow(case). I entered it into the Bloggers Pillow Party over at Stitched in Color. I like it! :) You can read more about it here.




This week's stats:
New projects - 1 (matchbooks)
Completed projects - 2 (tutorial and pillow)
Currently in progress -  4 (down one from last week)


Click on the W.i.P. button on the left to see what others are working on. :)

Diane

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea about the notes. And it looks like you've got a lot of cute 'go-to' places to make them! I love the blues in your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pillow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pillowcase, I love it! FWIW, I used up a bunch of scrapbooking paper by using it for paper-piecing a quilt! Check out the Urban Lattice Quilt Along at http://meamomblog.blogspot.com.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.