Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday {4/11/}

Between being sick with a cold, finishing up some big projects, trying to think about two birthday parties next month (they'll be 4 and 1! Time flies!!), and the hubby subtly trying to get me away from so many busy sewing things (like the other day, "Hey boys! How about instead of going to the park we walk down and get some ice cream?! Wanna come deary?" Uh, how can I turn down ice cream?! = less time to finish up projects before I meet all these deadlines head on.) lol.

Anyway, I am so happy about my Doll Quilt Swap mini.

DSC_0416

I kind of cried when I put it in the drop box at the post office. What can I say? I love it. I will miss it. I've never made anything for a swap that I wanted to keep for myself so badly. lol. But I think it's new home will give it the love it needs and deserves. ;) Anyway, I am planning a whole huge post about this one... 

What else have I finished? I really can't say. My mind is a little foggy, and all I know is that I have a list of things to finish and can't think of finished-items and need-to-finish items at the same time. lol. :)

So here's what's up on the list:

garden-party.jpg

Guess what?! I am going to be doing my Garden Party Blog Hop post on the 18th!!! Be sure to come back and check it out! I am super excited about my little pattern. :) I've never created a picture pattern, so this is fun. I still need to finish up my actual block and make sure I didn't mess up anywhere. heehee.


I also have my [4x5] Modern Bee Blocks to finish. This is the first one I completely finished. I like it, but I kind of am ho-hum about it. What do you think? I'm tempted to start over with a different design, but that might be crazy of me seeing as how I need to finish them by the weekend.

DSC_0379


and a few other bee blocks... 


I did finish up my hearts for do.Good Stitches:

DSC_0375

These are fun. 



Well, that's it for my brain scrambled post. I'll have a "Finished" post shortly. I hope. :)
Ok, Hopefully everyone else is having a more productive Wednesday! :)
go look over at Freshly Pieced!


Diane

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I read your profile..lol. Where do you find the time for this??? It is good that you enjoy everything so much, and it keeps the mind sharp. When you get to my age; you'll appreciate that one a little more...lol. Very lovely projects here; I don't blame you for wanting to keep it.it's beautiful You will just have to make a large one for your bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hears look fun!! Sorry you had to part with such a gorgeous quilt:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini is BEAUTIFUL!!! I bet the person that receives it is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the mini quilt is just stunning! Such beautiful bright colours. The recipient will be thrilled!

    Looking forward to the paper pieced block! I'm on a bit of a paper piecing roll at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks amazing! I love the pattern! Those blocks look great! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.