Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Celestial Star QAL: More Winners! Progress Week Continues

Alright everyone, how are you doing??? Progress week has turned into burn out week for me... the QAL has kept me SO busy, in an awesome way, that now that there has been some down time this week, I realize just how busy I've been and I'm exhausted! Plus the baby decided to stop sleeping in in the mornings, not helpful. Tip: don't start an intensive quilt along right after moving and when you haven't been blogging regularly. lol. I forgot how busy it all is. BUT, you know what?! I am loving every minute of all this busyness!! YOU are awesome! Thanks for making it so much fun. :D Now after two days of avoiding this, I think I'm ready to jump back into it. ;) And what better way to do that, than to announce some winners!!! Yay!

Celestial Star QAL with from blank pages...


First I want to give another big shout out to Fat Quarter Shop! Go read all about them if you haven't already. Did you pick up your Sew What? shirt?! If so, I want to see your selfies! :) They have generously donated two $25 gift cards to their shop. I've picked one winner from the blog link up, and one from the Instagram hashtag: #CelestialStarBlock. They are, drum roll please...

Fat Quarter Shop


The winner from the blog is:



Kara of Houz of Chaoz! Congrats!! :) Isn't her block beautiful?! This is her fifth, and her sixth is almost finished. Go stop by her blog so you can see all of them! Her designs are amazing! Isn't it crazy how we are all using the same pattern, but each block is so different! love it! ;)


The winner from Instagram is:


Nicole, @saphre1964! Congrats!! :) I love this block too!! Who doesn't love rainbows?! She's actually finished this one already! She's fast. And it turned out beautiful!!



Thank you everyone, for sharing all your blocks!! On Instagram as well as on your blogs. I love reading about your experiences the most!! Sorry it's a bit of a challenge with lining up those centers. I wish I had a magic wand that could make them all be perfect and hassle free! The best success I've found is what I shared in this tutorial. If it isn't clear what I did, let me know. I'm pretty happy with my blocks so far, and I want you to be too! :)


Alright... time to make some progress! And I'll be back on Monday with some more tips.



And we can't forget ALL of the amazing sponsors who are offering prizes throughout the QAL. Thank you!!

Material Girl Quilts  i don't do dishes  Llama Fabrics  Knotted-Thread Westwood Acres  Pink Castle Fabrics  Fat Quarter Shop


Have a great rest of your week!! Keep the pictures coming!! :)

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.