Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kaleidoscope QAL: Fabric

After drawing my little mock up quilt pattern/color scheme, it was SUPER easy picking out the fabric. I just needed to find anywhere from 4 to 24 prints in each color and value. I definitely didn't go the 24 route... I don't have THAT much fabric. :)  But I did find some good ones.

IMG_2115

IMG_2112

My collection is super random. I don't even know everything that is in there. I know there are a few Michael Millers, and some Nicey Janes, otherwise it's all from my stash and I don't know. (I guess I could look at the selvage and see, but I know they don't all have it there either.) Anyway, here it is, and it's all sitting on my ironing board. I have no where to put this until the 23rd... when it gets started and hopefully we get our cutting instructions so I can get it cut and put the rest away. :) Sorry hubby. ;)


Oh, I am so excited!!

I also figured out how I want to do the back already:

IMG_2168

the picture is a little messy, but here's the jist:
I'm going to do one row of the kaleidoscope blocks, and then each side of it I'll do a long strip of each of the 5 colors in the quilt in a solid - maybe only 1" or 1 1/2" thick. Then I'm thinking I'll use Kona Coal for the rest.


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.