Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, June 20, 2011

Made It: Hand Puppets for Humanitarian Aid

Last week at my church we started making these super cute puppets!! We didn't have time to finish them there so I brought them home and finished sewing them together. They were so super quick and turned out so cute! :) I want to keep them. ;) ... or just make more.

IMG_2209

I love all the different animals, and they have such cute faces!

IMG_2202 IMG_2203

These are for a humanitarian aid project and will be going somewhere to some lucky children! How fun! I'm sure they will be loved and enjoyed! :)


Working on these made me wonder what else people need, and what other fun projects are needed and welcomed. I looked at the church's Humanitarian Aid site and found all sorts of things that they are looking for. Like bags, quilts, wall hangings, toys, etc. Then I had a great idea... I could make a bunch of small quilts and wall hangings and that would be such a fun way to use up my huge stash of fabric! It would also be a great way to try new things and techniques, but not have a huge commitment (as in doing wall hangings which don't have to be as large as a quilt). In my excitement I started this blog: from blank pages... to blank walls.
 The wall hangings will go to orphanages around the world to help brighten the bare walls. How neat would that be to have your works of art hanging on a child's wall. I love the idea! So the invitation is OPEN! I haven't started on anything yet (I want to finish up a couple projects that are almost finished first) but then I want to get started! Does anyone want to join me?! Hop on over to the blog to learn more about what is needed, what the guidelines are, and follow along! I would love to have some company, even if you don't want to contribute. I will keep you updated on this blog as to when I really get started with it, but will definitely update that blog as I go. :)

I already have my first wall hanging idea planned. I'll post a preview soon. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Monday!


Diane

1 comment:

  1. these are all really cute! and look easy enough to make. felt is so fun to work with!

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/06/your-whims-wednesday-12-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.