Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, June 27, 2011

Made It: Quilted Picnic Blanket

It's finally finished!! And I love it! :) 

IMG_2415

I finished the binding Tuesday morning and we went out for a picnic that afternoon. It was great! :)

IMAG0215

IMAG0218

IMAG0219

IMAG0220
(these are all taken with my phone, but the quality isn't too bad I guess.)


We even had a show while we ate and got to watch some people cut down trees across the street.

IMAG0224
...cool and sad at the same time. I miss them.


Here are a few of my favorite last blocks that I FMQ (free motion quilted).

IMG_2406

IMG_2384

IMG_2394

IMG_2381

You can see the rest of my FMQ blocks here.


All in all it ended up going a lot faster than I thought it would. And just in time for the weather to warm up! Now on with the picnics!! :)


Fabric: Woodsy by Moda, some white sashing, and the back is Amy Butler, but I don't remember what color. :)

Diane

7 comments:

  1. your quilt is gorgeous....i am not sure that i would ever be brave enough to use something this pretty for a picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt for picnicking. I love the colors. We just had two large oaks cut down. It was very hard to see them go, but with hurricane season we could not chance a rotten trees falling on our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picnic quilt and even lovelier kids! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt - just perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and it's great that you are already putting it to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picnic blanket and big enough to hold everyone. Love the fabrics used too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picnic quilt! I love that you got some use out of it right away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.