Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday #6

Things have been busy busy around here, and I have a ton of projects to post. Let's see if I can remember them all. I'll just admit it right now, as my sister put it, I have crafters ADD. ;) I am getting way better at finishing things than I used to be, but for some reason I can't help but start ten million projects at the same time. ;)


Finished projects:
Etiquette Dinner Night and all the projects that entailed. Last night for the young women we had an etiquette night. It was a lot of fun. The girls all gave me at least three names (their guy friends) to choose from and I called them and invited one to be their guest for the evening. Anyway, I decided to add a little fun and decoration to it and made up a cute banner using my Punctuation jelly roll by American Jane, as well as some paper banner things for the table and place cards. I also made up some mustaches for everyone and we took some fun pictures. I'll put all the detail in another post.


 

I decided to hang them above my sewing area since the wall is blank and boring besides my rainbow of ribbon. Since my sewing area is in our bedroom, I wonder what Neil will say about the new decorations when he gets home. ;) lol.


Currently working on:
My picnic blanket is coming along! I just need to upload some photos and then I'm going to share a bunch of my latest squares that I've quilted. I currently have 18 of the 42 squares finished, and plan to do quite a bit more today. I love that I finally feel like I'm making progress on this.

I also started making Lola's Coin Quilt, the pattern is from Quiltstory. It's super cute and super fast! I just finished the top, now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the back and finish it up. I also can't decide how I'm going to quilt it. I'm thinking either wonky straight lines, or maybe doing a double line on one side of each of the patterned pieces, and then maybe one line down the sashing pieces. Does that make sense? I'll have to think about this more. If you have ideas, let me know! :) I used Riley Blake's Happier fabric and Kona Cotton Bone for the sashing.




I really love Riley Blake fabric lately! I decided to use the same fabric I used in Lola's Coin Quilt to make up some mug rugs. It's a simple design, but I like them. I can't decide if I want to keep them for me, but I'm thinking I just might put these ones in my etsy shop.

I still need to cut out some batting, add a back and the binding. Another quick project that takes forever to get to. ;)


Our neighbors boy just turned one and for his present I decided to make him a travel car mat. I've been wanting to make these for my boys for a while, so I cut out their fabric too, and just need to finish them up. Boy are these fast to whip out! :) I know they will love them too! (I'll tell you how I made them after I finish up the ones for my boys.)

   


New projects:
Practically everything. :) Ok, after seeing the super cute quilt block over at Don't Call Me Betsy, I decided to join her Kaleidoscope Quilt Along. Am I crazy?! Probably, but I absolutely love how the DS fabrics look with that pattern, and think I might be highly tempted to go buy that fabric and make mine out of that too. :) I think I just might be in trouble if I really start making a lot of quilts... our house is already overflowing with blankets... I don't know what I'll do if I add quilts to our stash. Oh well. ;)


I also really need to make a cover for my sewing machine.... I had one design that I was going to do, but then I saw Rachel's that she made for her mom's serger, and it is SUPER cute, so now I can't decide what to do.



Anyway, I don't know what all my numbers are.... but that's the update for this week. :) Make sure to check out what everyone else is working on.

Diane

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Riley Blakes are great fun! I need to make a sewing machine cover, too. Have the fabric sitting out and everything. . . Just always have something screaming at me more loudly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.