Friday, October 26, 2012

Just one step at a time

*I will warn you, I am writing this post with my blogger app on my phone and I have no idea how the formatting is going to turn out... Crossing my fingers. ;)

life has been so up and down and all around lately! It's been exciting and fun, but also a bit overwhelming and stressful. I went to sewing summit and had the time of my life! It was so great to be around so many nice and amazing people! And finally put faces to names and meet people in person. Unfortunately I'm still putting names to faces and am sad I didn't talk to more people in person. It was still fantastic though! I still need to upload my photos and blog about it.

Anyway, then I got home and my hubby left for Chicago for 4 days. I was a bit stressed about that, but we actually had a great week. He came home and on Fri we went to dinner with his co-workers/friends, and had a wonderful night. It was nice to finally spend some time together after a lot of separate traveling.

Sat morning we left early to go to the Chicago area for a wedding. It was wonderful and so much fun! It was Neils cousin, who I hadn't met yet, but I love his aunt and uncle so it was so great to see them there and meet some more of their family/children. It was so nice because even though the reception/dinner lasted a long time, there were activity bags for the kids and lots of musics. The kids had a great tome, and it was nice that it wasn't so formal that we had to worry about our wild children, even though they were the craziest of all the kids there. We loved the hotel of course... Well the breakfast and swimming anyway. I have never slept worse in a hotel before! Our neighbors were having a party all night long! They blasted the TV at some point, then at 2 am it was like the circus came to town. There were petiole in and out of there for an hour, telling and getting loud. It finally quieted down and I was able to fall back also until 4... For an hour it started all over again. Mabel was with us and it kept making her stir, and I don't know how many times she kicked me in the back or in the head. Lol. I didn't feel so bad anymore when our kids woke up at 7 and kept turning the radio on loud and jumping around the room, and doing all those normal kid things. I would have kept them quiet knowing that people were probably still sleeping, but since it was a ”normal” time for people to get up and be loud, I figured it was only fair to let them have their fun before checking out. ;) I promise I didn't encourage any of their noise making. Am I so awful?! Lol. I don't care.

Anyway... That brings me to this week. Finally back home and able to tackle the world. Boy did I feel overwhelmed and stressed! I had to keep reminding myself to just do one thing at a time... So I think I mailed out all my packages. If I didn't email you, and I owe you something, will you please let me know! I don't want to forget anyone! But that's about as far as I got this week. I feel like I have too many commitments to tackle and at least this week it was crazy overwhelming. I may seem like a flake if you've asked me to do something for you, and I'll admit that I probably ask, but that doesn't mean that I still don't think about it. I still am trying to accomplish it somehow. Just finding the time is the challenge. I definitely need to stop committing to things until I get everything finished. Help! Lol. ;)

So then, I got sick. Ok, I've been sick for a while, but this was different and a lot worse. They don't have after hours or anything here, so Wednesday evening I went to the er. Seems kind of extreme, but they found a few things going on with me, gave me an IV, some drugs, and sent me home after two hours. It did help. Neil left for Iowa City yesterday for the day, so a good friend said she'd be so kind and watch my kids for the day until he got back. At first it was so nice and I couldn't help imagine what life would be like with no kids (of course I would never give them up! But being able to stay in bed all day was so nice). Thank you! Then we went to Hunters parent teacher conference for preschool. He's such a good boy! I love him!

Now onto today... Still in bed. still miserable. Grateful for drugs but boy do I wish I were better! This is not so much fun anymore... I'm so grateful for my awesome hubby who is so nice to stay home and hold down the fort while I sleep the day away, and that he had a great boss who let him take the day off so he can help me!

Anyway, my point is, before I got sick, my new motto was going to be, one day at a time... or one thing at a time.  Today I am not going to think or stress about anything except getting rest and getting better. I stress and worry to much, and I need to stop and start enjoying more the things I am doing right now. :)

So anyway, that might mean that for a while I don't blog as much, and that's ok. I'm sorry I haven't been reading many blogs, if any. I hope no one takes it personal! Especially finally having met so many of you, this online world of friendships definitely is a delicate balance. If you want to find me, I might be busy browsing instagram in my wakeful moments. ;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned! Oh, and I have to say, Hunter gets to wear a costume to preschool on Halloween (I'm so exited for him!) But this morning he told me he wants to be Blue from Blue's Clues. Now to figure that one out by Wednesday... ;)


  1. Well I hope you start to feel better soon! Hugs!

  2. Wow - you HAVE been busy! I'm glad everything went well while your hubby was away and you guys had a good time in Chicago for the wedding!! Sooooooo sorry to hear that you had to go to the ER and aren't feeling well still tho! Ignore all those voices in your head and just SLEEP and RELAX girlie - the world will be there again when you wake up :)

    *hugs* Get better soon!

  3. Sounds like a lot going on! I guess being sick kind of forces you to slow down a bit sometimes - though I do hope you feel better soon!! Tough being unwell when you have little kidlets to care for too.

  4. That is a lot to have going on!! And activities for kids at a wedding is so thoughtful! I do hope you feel better soon. I was laid out last weekend and my hubby was nice enough to handle the kids so I could sleep and it helped wonders!

    I have the same problem with needing to relax and take things one thing at a time. So, I'm feeling the same way on that! Good luck with the Blues Clue's costume! That sounds like a tough one! Get better soon!

  5. Hi Diane, wow - where to start?!?! I am so sorry to hear you have been so unwell. It is no fun and while you need to take it easy and stay in bed your head is going 1000miles/ hour thinking of all the things you are not doing and deadlines that are getting closer! I can safely say that not only do I know this but I KNOW this. That is exactly how I felt recently when I first broke my wrist. It is then that you wish you hadn't committed yourself to so many things but neither do you want to give any of them up!! This blogland we live in is sooo seductive and being relatively still a newbie so many events dazzle me and call my name. Saying 'no' has become an exercise in extreme self discipline! Disappointing but necessary to the less stressful running of my household and my nerves! I have so admired from afar those bloggers who seem to be endlessly productive in both deed and word and have felt somehow lacking in comparison. Well no more!!! Time to take it a bit slower and remember to have more fun and less stress along the way.

    I hope I haven't rambled on for too long and that some of it may resonate with you. Please do feel better and remember that those who love you are taking this blogging journey with you no matter how often, or not, you have something to share with us.

    Xx. K


Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.