Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Saturday, August 31, 2013

An Exciting Announcement!

I am SO excited! I finally conquered one of my fears and wrote a quilt pattern! I have quite a few patterns that are scattered through my art journals, but I've been too intimidated to actually turn them into real patterns. Now that I've finished this one, I am gearing up and ready to finish them all! (as soon as I can find the time, of course.) Some of them I have started the actually quilt for, others not. But either way, I'm hoping that you'll see more from me in the future! (like the Giant Granny Square Quilt someone asked me about over a year ago. Nope, I haven't forgotten.) :)

Anyway, to celebrate my first full quilt pattern (because trying something new, and busting through intimidation is definitely worth celebrating) I have put together a blog hop! There are some amazing people joining me and I'm so excited! (and grateful!) Some were kind enough to test my pattern for me, and bear with me with all of my delays and updates. After my pattern was finished, I asked a few more people to join in. So be sure to stop by and visit all the stops! :) It begins on Monday September 9th, right here with me.


Grandma's Lawn Chair Blog Hop


Here's the line up:

Mon 9th - Diane @ from blank pages...
Tues 10th - Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
 Wed 11th - Ginny @ Fishcreek Studio
Thurs 12th - Kelleigh - guest blogging at from blank pages...
Fri 13th - Sara @ Sew Sweetness

Mon 16th , Diane @ from blank pages...
Tues 17th - Hilary @ Young Texan Mama
Wed 18th - Mike @ The Amateur Quilter
Thurs 19th - Rachael @ imagine gnats
Fri 20th - Courtney @ Mon Petite Lyons 

Mon 23rd - Jamie @ Sunflower Seeds
Tues 24th - Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts
Wed 25th - Krista @ Spotted Stones
Thurs 26th - Cristy @ Sew Much Like Mom
Fri 27th - Diane @ from blank pages...


The best news about this, everyone will be offering up a free PDF copy of the quilt pattern to one of their readers, on their stop of the blog hop! That is 13 chances for you win a free copy of your own. :)

Plus, you will want to see what everyone has made! The quilts I've seen so far look fabulous! This is a fun pattern, that sews up super quickly! (I made the baby size in two days all while packing and getting ready to go to Utah for a week! Trust me, it's fast!) :)


Feel free to grab a button and help spread the word!

Grandma's Lawn Chair Blog Hop @ from blank pages... 


Come find out the story behind the name, and all about the pattern, starting September 9th!


Diane

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing writing your first pattern!! I'm looking forward to the hop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is gonna be fun! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this pattern. Reminds me of the lawn chairs I grew up with, they were green and white wrapped around the aluminum frame.. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first pattern! I really love the look of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your fist pattern! The quilt is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to have found your blog via one of your "testers". This is cute cute pattern and I think it will be fun! thanks for the opportunity to win a free copy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pattern I love the design and your testers did a great job too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.