Giveaway Week is well on it's way, can you believe it's already Day 3?! Thanks everyone who has entered Day 1 & Day 2 Giveaways! You really make this so much fun! :) (if you haven't yet, make sure to go enter! And if you're still in time, don't miss the Traveling Stash Giveaway! It ends today!)
Today I want to celebrate ALL OF YOU! Yep! It's a Follower Appreciation Giveaway!! :) One thing that is really excited for me, as a blogger, is seeing that number on my sidebar go up! Every time I got a new friend via Google Friend Connect I would immediately tell, text, call my hubby and tell him, "Guess what?! I have x-number of followers!!" It was always so exciting! And you know what? I still do that! :) So even though some of you may be a follower and yet never returned, it still means that you like me/my blog enough that it was worth pushing that button. And that means a lot. :) Thanks for your support and encouragement! (so touching. it's ok. wipe that tear. lol.)
Did you notice that that number is
well over 100 over 200 now?! Exciting huh?! :) Well, just like almost every other part of this giveaway week, I missed the celebration of when it actually happened. I may be late to the party, but I don't ever miss it. ;) I reached 100 followers in December, in the middle of the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway Day! Because of that giveaway, and the holidays coming up, I decided to hold off. Well, the new year wasn't any less busy, so here we are 3 months later. I am none the less appreciative.
Want to know what I'm giving away to you???
I got the idea from a combination of the Traveling Stash Giveaway (hurry and go enter! it ends today!) and ALL of the many MANY charm swaps going on right now! I'm going to call it:
Here's how it'll work:
The Charming Travelers
Here's how it'll work:
- I've put together 56 charm squares from my stash (1 yards worth of fabric). Some from charm packs, some cut from larger fabric cuts.
- One person will win it through this giveaway.
- I will send the charms to the winner. They will take out the charms they want. THEN replace the missing charms with some of their own charms (either from precuts, or cut from their stash).
- All charms must be squared up to 5" x 5".
- ONLY quilter quality fabrics allowed! No batiks, flannels, voile, Joann's or Hancock's fabrics, etc. Can be prints or solids.
- They will host a giveaway on their blog, repeating the process of sending it on, the winner taking out charms and replacing them, holding a giveaway, etc.
- I will keep track of where it is (blog, city) and we can watch it travel around the US.
- If it starts getting messy, too many weird or ugly fabrics, I'll have it sent back to me, clean it out, and start it up again!
- You must be an active blogger.
- You MUST promise to send it on - always with 56 charms.
- US residents only. SORRY! But I think this will help in keeping it going/reduce delays, as well as keep shipping costs down to participants.
What do you think?? To make it fun I want to create a map on my blog where we can follow the charm pack. Like I mentioned I'll update each city (or general area) and blog that it goes to! That means that I will need to keep in contact with each winner. This will also allow me to keep up with the status and quality of the fabrics.
This could go really well, or be a total bust. BUT I think it will be SO much fun! Especially with all the charm swaps going on, I'm sure that we all get charms that we will never use... but someone else will! (but don't just put your fuglies in there.) :)
Want to know how you can enter?
(there are 3 possible entries - leave a separate comment for each)
- Since this is a Follower Appreciation Giveaway, you MUST be a follower. (NEW FOLLOWERS WELCOME!) Leave a comment letting me know you are. (Be honest please!! ;) )
- Blog, facebook, or tweet about this giveaway and leave a separate comment telling me you did.
- Leave a comment telling me what you think about this idea of the Charming Travelers: yah? nay? needs a different name? any other input ideas on how to improve it (not promising that I will make them)? OR what you like to make with your charm squares. Do you have a favorite pattern?
BY LEAVING A COMMENT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE RULES!
***This Giveaway is now Closed***
Make sure to come back tomorrow and Friday for the rest of the giveaways! You can find the previous ones from this post.
p.s. leave your email if you are a no-reply blogger. If I have no way to get ahold of you, then I will pick a new winner. Sorry!