Since I'll be posting lots of finishes this week, this blog post is also a part of A Week of Finishes, an event I put together in 2013, and decided to revisit again. If you have any recent finishes you'd like to link up, grab a button and please do! (you can share blog posts, flickr photos, or IG photos.) I love to see what other people have been making!
Alright! Finally getting around to documenting my finishes! Here are the things I finished in March! :)
Mostly the projects from March were finishes from the Handmade Birthday Club from last year. Oops... I was so late on some of those projects, but I'm SO happy that I DID get everyone a package. :D Yay!
First up: I made some tissue covers as extras. I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE having a tissue cover in my bag! Especially as a mom, I never know when one will be needed, and these keep my tissues nice and safe. wherever they are in my bag.
One for Sarah,
I used Lizzy House for the outside and I'm not sure what that print is on the inside. I think it's a Joel Dewberry print.
One for Sarah,
All prints are Carolyn Friedlander.
and one for Lee
Cotton + Steel prints for the outside, and Erin McMorris for the inside.
You can find my tutorials for these tissue covers here (original tutorial) and here (patchwork style).
I also finished up the pillow I made for Lee. Her favorite color is orange, and I decided to try out a monochromatic color scheme with my Celestial Star pattern. I also tried really hard to make it scrappy, but it's not really. I just don't have the brain for scrappy and random... I need order. ;) I was SO nervous about it, but I really really love how it turned out. It has it's imperfections, but it was fun to make, and fun to make it especially for Lee. She's awesome! (All I have are phone photos, not sure why I didn't get any with my nice camera. oh well.)
I mostly used Carolyn Friedlander prints, but also one from Valorie Wells, and one from Violet Craft (both in the center sections), as well as a Cotton + Steel print. I really love all the white/grey prints together!
I used one of my favorite Denyse Schmidt prints for the back. Also orange.
I did some echo quilting around the large orange *petals* - that's what they look like to me. And that's all. I hope that's enough fro a pillow. ;) But I like it.
And here are all the goodies I sent to her.
I also finished up my Star Gazing mug rug. It's a 6" block, and it's become my favorite size/shape for a mug rug! It stays either next to my keyboard at the computer or at my sewing machine, and it's nice to have something pretty to look at. Don't look to closely - I took these pictures this morning, and it's kind of dirty. ;) (I really don't have a lot of handmade by me stuff around my house... but I'm working on that.)
This was a pretty intense block at this size. I need a little practice with paper piecing on such a small scale - at least with so many small pieces. It didn't line up perfectly, but I'm happy with it.
I did some echo quilting, kind of. I like it on the front, but not so much on the back. It doesn't really fit with the print I used, but that's ok.
Cotton + Steel for the back and binding, and the navy and pinks on the front. Yellows are Jenean Morrison, and Joel Dewberry.
And now I remember why I don't blog much.... this has taken all morning! But it's worth it!
If you want to share your finishes, feel free to link them up below! I'll add the same linky to each post this week, so don't worry about linking up more than once per project.