Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, July 3, 2015

May finishes 2015

Since I'll be posting lots of finishes this week, this blog post is also a part of A Week of Finishes, an event I put together in 2013, and decided to revisit again. If you have any recent finishes you'd like to link up, grab a button and please do! (you can share blog posts, flickr photos, or IG photos.) I love to see what other people have been making!

from blank pages...



I only have two finishes for May, but I think they are my favorite so far!! And both are pillows.

First up, my Rockstar Pillow.



I made this for my boys room, but it's been sitting on our living room couch for the last 2 months. It's just so comfy! :D Plus, I need to make the boys quilts, so it really doesn't match their room yet anyway. right?!

I made 4 - 9 inch blocks to create this design (makes an 18 inch block). With the borders it's about 21 inches - which is perfect for the Ikea pillow forms we have.


 
 I made my zippered back a little differently with this pillow, creating a flap, rather than just trying to hide the zipper with the seams (I don't know how to explain how I did it before). But I LOVE this!! So much nicer!


You can find the Rockstar pattern Here.



And here is my last project for the Handmade Birthday Club! I sent this to Sarah. This is probably my most favorite Celestial Star block I've made! (though that might not include some of the blocks from my Celestial Star Quilt. But as a stand alone, I definitely would LOVE to make another pillow just like this one!

I seriously love this! My heart starts racing just looking at it! lol.


I picked the prints based off of one picture in Sarah's instagram feed that said she was loving coral and navy. I added a few more colors to add some interest. Why is it that the fabric pulls I'm most unsure and nervous about always turn out to be my favorite?? I need to step out of my comfort zone more often!!


Phone picture - and it's a little off. But here's the stack I started with. I definitely like it, but I was nervous about it before I actually made the block.


 I did some simple handstitching, outlining the white diamonds. and then went around the entire center with a thinner thread to add some more stability to it. I really like simple, and I hope it's enough to hold up well.


 Of course I did another zipper with the flap. Maybe I'll have to find time to do a quick tutorial. It's SO easy! and quick!


 and with a pillow form inside. 
My heart is just glowing looking at these pictures. I love this so much!

This pillow was another project from my 2nd Quarter Finish-Along list with Adrianne of On The Windy Side.

You can find the Celestial Star pattern Here.



from blank pages...


If you want to share any finishes you've had for the year, feel free to link them up below! :)


   

Diane


2 comments:

  1. The pillows are both amazing. I can see why the bottom one is such a favorite. It's spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cushions are fabulous but the Celestial Star cushion is my favourite!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.