Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sewing Basics w/Diane: Tools and Supplies

Over the years I have come to collect items that I use on a daily basis, and items that I was excited to get but haven't used, or only used once or twice. There are also a few things I would like to get, or can't wait to use. I'm going to share with you my list of must have tools and supplies.... so if you are looking to build your supply of tools, here's my advice on what to get:
(So that this post isn't a million miles long with all of my advice and pros/cons on the different supplies, I will do mini posts and link them back here.)

Rotary cutter
Large cutting mat
large art board
large ruler with lip
a few smaller sized cutting rulers (12x12, 6x6)
small cutting mat to have by machine
Iron AND spray bottle - inseparable items
scissors for FABRIC ONLY and scissors for everything else
1/4" foot (a recent love affair)
trash bowl for thread and small scraps- garbage stuff
camera
sewing machine
walking foot
paper (notebook, more recently graph paper pad) and pen
scrap bucket (I need a bigger one) :)
seam ripper
tape measure
calculator
thimble
needles and thread
crotchet hook
pins
marking pen/chalk pencil
fabric glue



check back for updated details of items


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.