Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ei-yi-yi!

Have you ever seen "The Gods Must Be Crazy"? That show cracks me up!!! In it there is this guy that is the biggest klutz and after every thing that happens to him he always says that, "Ei-yi-yi-yi-yi!" Well, that's how I feel about everything right now.

Last night I tried to start piecing my half blocks together for my Kaleidoscope quilt, but I am having p.r.o.b.l.e.m.s.  Either I get a weird protruding center - like they have outie belly buttons, or the points don't line up, and anyway, it is driving my crazy. :P I don't even know what to do to fix it - which is rather frustrating. I have this whole wall of half squares to sew together and I can't do it. I must have really messed up sewing my triangles together? I don't know.

my block has a belly button  flat but doesn't match

Then I found out who my partner is for the For Love of Solids swap, and she is one of those quilters that I can only dream about being as good as she is, so having her as a partner - and having to make something FOR her, is rather intimidating and takes me quite out of my comfort zone. I don't even know where to begin to think about what to make for her. ;) It will be a lot of fun, but for the moment I'm content to just sit here and look at that swap from a distance.

Then I just have a lot of projects to finish by tomorrow for girls camp next week, and I don't really know where to start (even though I just finished one thing and it only took me about 5 min). I think this just makes me more tired than frustrated.

My niece is in town and the other night we picked out all the fabric for a quilt I'm going to make for her. Then my sister and I stared at it all for a long time and decided to start over and make her pick a different pattern. (I honestly think it would have taken me a year to finish it, though it would have been SUPER cute! Maybe I'll have to make a mini quilt in the same style.) Anyway, we kept most of the same fabrics, but picked a simpler design and in the end I think it will look fantastic!!! Plus be so much easier and faster. :) But for the moment it's just another pile of fabric to look at. (though it's nice to think that we found all the fabric in my stash and we won't have to buy any. It's such a good feeling to use things up!)

I also have a number of things that I should just sew the bindings on so when I'm just sitting and can't be at my machine, I can at least have some hand stitching that I'd be able to work on and do.

So really, it's not that I'm frustrated, I just feel overwhelmed, and all of a sudden have this feeling that sewing is hard. I've never thought of it as hard before. But I guess this week is my week. I'm hoping it will pass.... soon.

plus, I need to get some blogging done that I'm way behind on... just one more thing. ;)




Diane

2 comments:

  1. Show me a man with no to do list and I'll show you a man that has forgotten to write something down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that feeling so well ... You're right - it shouldn't be hard.

    ... yes ... well, of course I thought that too. And long days go by when I keep thinking it, and then I try something I think will be a snap and Bang! It hurts and I don't like it and I get panicky too ...

    My only advice when you get the whole 'outy' thing is to trim your seams back before you piece the blocks. It really helped me. That and pressing the seams open ...

    They look gorgeous by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.