Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday {5/30/2012}

I almost forgot that it's Wednesday! This may be my last wip post for a while because for the next few weeks I don't think I'll be working on too much... but hopefully I'm wrong. :) Warning, this post is a bit scatter-brained. ;)


I've been working on my key fob for the RATZ swap! I actually finished it and will be posting about it tomorrow. :)

I took some instagram pictures along the way...

Key Fob instagram photo 1

Key Fob instagram photo 2

I love Summersville! :) It is perfect for hand stitching and embellishing!


Because I still have some "MUST FINISH today" projects, I of course made something totally random!

DSC_0523
This 12.5" x 12.5" block is all Little Apples fabrics by Aneela Hoey. 
I love it! :) Now what to do with it??


I finished up two bee blocks for the Moody Blues 2 bee.

DSC_0530
For Susan. I used this tutorial.
I really love this design! Such a great use of HST's!


DSC_0528
For Lisa. This is a block from 99 Modern Blocks called Escalator. 


In case you missed it, I finished my Giant Granny Square quilt! I think I'm about ready to let this one go and drop the price in my Etsy shop. If you want it, give me an offer and it just might be yours. lol. (I priced it really high because I originally made it to sell it, but I didn't want to actually give it to anyone. I did lower the price from what I originally priced it at, but it's still probably a little high. We'll see.) ;) Maybe I'll keep it and use it as a portfolio sample for Iowa (I secretly would love to teach sewing/quilting classes out there! I already have one request for art lessons! FUN!!) :)

DSC_0536



From my last WiP post I did finish up my pillow I posted about.

DSC_0375

I need to finish up my pillow like this for my MSMS partner. That's what I'm working on tonight until it's done! :) This pattern is so fun! I think I have the pattern for it figured out and hopefully I can get that posted in my Craftsy shop before we move!


I am just about done with the do.Good stitches quilt as well! All it needs now is the binding!! Yes!!! :) That will definitely be finished before we move!!


I was going to say that mostly we've been busy with moving stuff, but this actually seems like a lot of stuff. lol. :)


I hope you are having a wonderful week!!
I am of course linking up over at Freshly Pieced!
Thanks Lee for giving us something to look forward to during our mid-week meltdown. ;)



Diane

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! That pillow is great! And I love the patchwork granny square quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That key fob is so cute !!
    I'm not a huge fan of Summersville because I like fabric with lots of colors but embroidered like that ? It's the cutest thing :)

    2. I would add a white border to make it a little bigger and turn that block into a pillow. I think it would look really nice !

    3. $139 is really not expensive for a hand quilted quilt ! I wouldn't lower the price, especially if you really like the quilt.

    4. I can't wait to see your finished MSMS pillow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you haven't finished them yet.....I was sure the deadline to send them was before the end of the month =P
    That's not too much at all, I've seen smaller quilts being priced higher, so just have faith someone will come along and buy it =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.