Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, February 17, 2012

Life in all it's glory + Digital Scrapbooking?


For some reason when I'm in bed,  all ready to go sleep, I decide that I should do something else. Why? I mean it's not like I woke up at 6 am with crying kids, didn't get a nap, am sick sick after taking care of three other little sick one's, ...of wait. That's exactly why I should go to bed. Well, anyway, last night was one of those nights where I decided not to fall asleep. Instead I decided to try and tackle some of my 1,000+ posts in my google reader. (don't worry, I think I only read about 10.) :)

I came across this post: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/thoughts/on-being-a-mother-of-four/   from Jones Design Company. If you are a young mother with young children, or remember what it was like to have young children, or even if you don't have any children, you should read it. It made me cry. And it made me happy. Happy that I'm not the only one that feels like that. Whenever I visit her blog I get the picture of her being so put together and perfect and happy, and that dream family that everyone wants. So to hear that it's hard for her too just makes me take a deep sigh of relief. I of course don't rejoice in her hardship, nor does her post lessen my opinion of her in anyway. In fact it makes me think that she is even more amazing.

I have three very little one's (when the youngest was born, the oldest was 1 week shy of 3 yrs). And I won't hesitate to tell you that it is hard. I love love love it! But that doesn't mean it's easy, or that I always enjoy it. I, unlike some, don't brave the public with all of my children. :) I think Tuesday was the 2nd time I took all of the little one's to the grocery store by myself in 9 months (my youngest is 9 months old). Well, besides taking them to Walmart, which has double carts that I can strap everyone in at the same time. I don't mind strolling around the store with 3 screaming kids, but I would never brave a restaurant or anywhere where they weren't all trapped! ;) Did I ever tell you about the time I took them all to the post office? Mabes was in the car seat, Jacks running one way, Hunter another, a huge pkg. under my arm... I am NEVER doing that again. lol.

Anyway, it's getting easier. and I don't remember exactly why I am typing this. I guess just to say that, "I hear you!!! and Kuddos to you!!!" :)  meant in every good, loving, positive way! I hope that one day I will brave the outdoors with my wild bunch. heehee. I guess it's all part of the experience, right?! I'm grateful for good examples. :)



On another note... I decided to take on another project. lol. Yes, I give you permission to all roll your eyes at me. ;)

I am going to try my hand in Digital Scrapbooking! :) I am not a scrapbooker, and do not have one ounce of scrapbooking creativity in my body. But I'm determined to start doing something with all those fun pictures of my beautiful wee ones. They are too cute to not remember. ;) lol. I'll keep you updated on my progress. First I need to figure out a plan... so I can actually succeed at this.

Want to see my first attempt?!

We - 1st layout
Pretty amazing, eh?! lol.
(this picture was taken on Sunday. Can you believe this was the 1st real snowstorm??? crazy winter.)

 All I did was copy everything from the Digital Quick Start video at JessicaSprague.com (it was free). She is pretty good. :) I would love to take more classes from her. It was a little tricky as Photoshop is a bit different than Elements, as well as Mac from Windows (which I am thinking that she uses?) but with a few google searches for how-to's, I figured it out. :) I'm excited to try some more!  Stay tuned for some - what I'm sure will be quite interesting - digital adventures! :D


Diane

1 comment:

  1. very cute! a friend of mine has done a couple of these - one was an ABC books for her kiddos with pictures of them & items that started with difference letters. also, change "bare" to "bear" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.